Through stunning landscapes on the steep slopes of the Mosel, deep canyons, along bubbling brooks, plunge into the Middle Ages at the wildly romantic Ehrenburg Castle, crowned with spectacular views of the Mosel and the Mosel valley.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Rock trough Donnerloch
- Teufelslay mountain
- Panorama view from the Schafberg
- Nörtershausen plateau
- Wild romantic Ehrenburg Castle
Der Besuch der Ehrenburg ist eintrittspflichtig www.ehrenburg.de
Rest stopsMoselhotel Zur Traube
Historische Mühle Vogelsang
Historical mill Vogelsang
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights is required. The trail should not be hiked in icy conditions.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
B 49 along the Moselle to Brodenbach - A 61 Exit Waldesch over L207 to Moselle - 56332 Brodenbach at crossroads Salzwiese / Rhein-Mosel-Straße (B49)
56332 Brodenbach at crossroads Salzwiese / Rhein-Mosel-Straße (B49)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 35 Waypoints
- 35 Waypoints