Traumpfad Bleidenberger Ausblicke
Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land Verified partner Explorers Choice
The translated name says it all: a dream path! Splendid views of the Mosel valley, mighty cliffs with a deep canyon, on the tracks of an old vineyard path to the medieval Thurant Castle and to the Bleidenberg pilgrimage church.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Wine towns of Alken and Oberfell
- Long distance view from Dickenberg
- St. Michael’s Church
- Medieval Thurant Castle
- Bleidenberg pilgrimage church
- Panorama path
In Alken und Oberfell finden Sie zahlreiche Winzer, die gerne eine Weinprobe mit Ihnen durchführen.
Rest stopsHistorical mill Vogelsang
Moselle Hotel Castle Cafe
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights are required.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Tourist-Information Sonnige Untermosel, Tel.: +49 (0)2605/8472736, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.sonnige-untermosel.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, email@example.com, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade-App iOS: App iTunes download
Traumpfade-App Android: App Google play download
The tour begins at the church in Oberfell. After the ascent up a slope covered with grape vines, there are great views of the Mosel. On continuing the climb there are more wonderful panoramic views to the Vordereifel. Through green forests and flowering meadows the hiker reaches the refuge hut at Dickenberg that extends an invitation to rest and at the same time offers the best distant view. After several kilometres across soft meadow paths the trail crosses the K71 and reaches the unspoilt valley of the Alken brook. The history of the region becomes alive in deep canyons and old quarries.
Along the murmuring Alken brook, past the imposing Helmut oak tree, and through marvellous mixed woodland, the hiker reaches an easy ascent that is rewarded by the impressive views. Having reached the top, Thurant Castle comes into view and invites the hiker to an excursion into the Middle Ages. A narrow path leads over a cliff further on to the historic Church of St. Michael and the charming wine town Alken.
Stepping through the time-honoured City Gate the hiker reaches the “Sieben Fußfälle Klettersteig” (seven prostrations’ climb) that leads him through the Mosel slopes, covered in grape vines. There is a splendid view from the Bleidenberg. It is also rewarding to pay a visit to the Bleidenberg pilgrimage church nearby. The final descent along the panorama path reveals once more fantastic views of the Mosel valley and Thurant Castle, before the hike finishes in Oberfell.
Destination stop: Oberfell central
Line: 301 (every day) Koblenz Hbf – Dieblich – Burgen
B 49 along the Moselle to Oberfell /(A 61 Exit Koblenz/Dieblich on to B 411 to B 49)
car park at the church
D- 56332 Oberfell, church (Im Kirchenstück)
D-56332 Oberfell: Im Kirchenstück
D-56332 Alken: car park Siebenfußfälle
Book recommendation by the author
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 1: Die 18 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen an Rhein und Mosel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-942779-64-7
- 27 Premium-Rundwege Traumpfade, Jubiläumsausgabe 10 Jahre Traumpfade, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-43-2
Author’s map recommendations
- Freizeitkarte Mosel "Maifeld und Untermosel" (1:25 000), ISBN: 978-3-944620-16-9
Sturdy shoes are recommended for the tour!
You can find trail closures at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/
- 27 Waypoints
- 27 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Photos from others