Hiking holiday as a journey back in time to a “hot past“. That is how the hiking tour through the volcanic scenery of the Eifel can also be understood. Fabulous views over vast maars, volcano summits in the attractive Eifel landscape, and a unique world of flora and fauna in the nature reserve “Booser Doppelmaar”.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Booser Eiffel Tower with breathtaking panoramic view over the Eifel to Westerwald and Hunsrück.
- Eight slag cone volcanoes and two dry maars that give deep insights into the fiery history of the East Eifel.
Rest stopsEifelhotel Fuchs
Eifelhotel Fuchs in Boos
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App Android: App bei Google play download
A 48 Exit Mayen/Mendig - B 258 towards Nürburgring - at Kreuznick towards Gerolstein/Boos on to B 410 - right after Boos on to L 94 towards Nürburgring - 56729 Boos, Vulkan car park at Boos
56729 Boos, Vulkan car park at Boos
56729 Boos, town central
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- 13 Waypoints
- 13 Waypoints