Medicinal mineral water and juniper heaths, lush meadows in bloom, fragrant heaths, tranquil forests and overwhelming panoramic views enchant the hiker. Rustic refuge huts invite the hiker to a break, a drink at the mineral spring “Sauerbrunnen” gives him refreshment.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Volkesfeld juniper heaths with the Riethel cross
- Unspoilt Wabern Heath with its refuge hut
- Falkley View
- Florian’s Hut with its beautiful view of the Nette valley
- Medicinal mineral water spring “Sauerbrunnen”
- Panorama views
Vergessen Sie nicht eine Wasserflasche zum Auffüllen für die Heilquelle "Sauerbrunnen".
Rest stopsHotel-Restaurant Eifler Seehütte
Wacholderhütte in Langscheid
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
A61 Exit Wehr, towards Adenau/Kempenich - B412 turn right towards Wehr/Rieden - on L114 to the left - next junction left on to K 64 through Rieden (after 500m K19) - past Waldsee to junction L 83, turn right - after approx. 300 meter left to car park Heilquelle and starting point Traumpfad
56745 Volkesfeld, hiker car park „Nettetal“ Heilquelle Volkesfeld (L 83)
56745 Volkesfeld, car park village hall (Nettestraße)
56745 Wabern, hiker car park Waberner bridge (L 83)
Book recommendation by the author
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 16 Waypoints
- 16 Waypoints