Fiery mountains with distant views, tranquil passages through forests, sleepy valleys, meandering paths and over and over again fantastic distant views of the summits of the volcanic Eifel. The highlight is the walk around the extinct volcano Hochbermel.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Unspoilt, silent nature
- Panorama views and viewing points far into the volcanic Eifel
- Historic Köhler Hut
- Walk around the Hochbermel volcano just below its summit
- A basalt quarry that nature has regained and overgrown
Der Hochbermler lässt sich über eine Zuwegung mit dem Traumpfad Monrealer Ritterschlag verbinden.
In some passages surefootedness and a head for heights are required.
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App für iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App für Android: App bei Google play download
A 48 Exit Laubach - L 99 towards Urmersbach - after 150m left on to K 11 towards Eppenberg/Kalenborn - right on to L 96 towards Monreal - after 2 km turn right - car park shortly before entrance to the town Fensterseifen
56729 Bermel-Fensterseifen, car park at K 8
56729 Bermel, car park sports field
Book recommendation by the author
Weather at the route's trailhead
- 10 Waypoints
- 10 Waypoints