Walk the trail Rheingoldbogen, along the tracks of the Romans and wine-growing, through varied countryside, past well tendered grape vines and huge hedges on to the Rhine plateau with ist fantastic views of the Rhine valley and the Rhine Loop of the Rhine.
Highlights at Traumpfad
- Fantastic views of the Rhine valley and the Rhine loop at Osterspai (UNESCO World Heritage Site: Upper Middle Rhine Valley)
- Wonderful views of the Marksburg Castle in Braubach
- Historic vineyards in Boppard Hamm
- Rhine plateau
- Jakobsberg Monastery
- Chapel to the Mother of God
Rest stopsVinothek Bacchuskeller
Restaurant im Hotel Roter Ochse
Waldhotel König von Rom
Hotel Restaurant Alter Posthof
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfade/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade-App iOS: App bei iTunes download
Traumpfade-App Android: App bei Google play download
B9 to Brey - in the centre of Brey, follow the Rheingoldstraße - turn left into Ackerweg (follow this road to the end of the town) - 56321 Brey, cemetery (Ackerweg)
56321 Brey, cemetery (Ackerweg)
56321 Brey, Dorfplatz (directly at Rheingoldstraße – follow „RheinBurgenweg“ to the first Traumpfade mark)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- 21 Waypoints
- 21 Waypoints