This dream pathlet leads to Rabenlay through expansive fields, shady forests and striking rock formations with adventurous ups and downs. The highlights include the panoramic vistas of the Moselle Valley with occasional glimpses of the Ehrenburg and Thurant castles.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Highlights along the dream pathlet
- Moselle panorama at the Rabenlay mountain
- Views of Ehrenburg and Thurant castles
- Winzerhütte shelter with views of the Moselle
- The Moselle town of Löf
In Löf und Umgebung finden Sie viele Winzer, die Sie zu einer Weinverkostung einladen.
Rest stopsMoselhotel Zur Traube
Restaurant im Hotel Lellmann
Moselstern Parkhotel Krähennest
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
B416 to Löf - in Löf, turn into the Bergweg road / K41 to Münstermaifeld – follow the Bergweg road for quite a while and then turn into “In der Mark” road at the roundabout – at the end of this road, a narrow path leads to a sporting field (sign) – drive past the sporting field – the parking lot is at the other end of the sporting field (footpath to the start: 350 m). Parking lot at the sporting field (In der Mark 17)
56332 Löf, Sportplatz Löf (In der Mark 17 / extension at the north end of the sporting field) – directions to the start are signposted (350 m)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
The Traumpfädchen are not suitable for prams or rollator users.
- 18 Waypoints
- 18 Waypoints