Follow the Moselle wine trail along little paths and narrow serpentines, passing by the Weilsbornquelle spring and ancient vineyard walls. This entertaining hike is accompanied by wonderful views and changes of scenery.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Views over the steep vineyard terraces
- Panoramic vista from the Domgarten shelter
- Hiking along vineyard walls
- Weilsbornquelle spring
Nach der Wanderung einen Moselriesling genießen - in Winningen kein Problem!
Rest stopsHotel Moselblick ***
Hotel garni Kachelburg
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
B 416 along the Mosel to Winningen - first exit Winningen L 125 (August-Horch-Strasse) direction airfield - shortly before the airfield you will find the "Parkplatz an der Weilsbornquelle" on the left hand side
56333 Winningen, parking lot Weilsbornquelle (directly at the L 125)
Access: 56333 Winningen, parking lot Rosenberg (Am Rosenberg)
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
The Traumpfädchen are not suitable for prams or rollator users.
- 9 Waypoints
- 9 Waypoints