Hiking in a woodland and water landscape
Ground which cushions our steps. The highly varied Traumpfädchen Riedener Seeblick takes us through woodland and meadowland sections, providing fantastic far-reaching views and extraordinary insights into the fiery past of the Eifel along the way. The highlight of the tour is the picturesquely situated Rieden Forest Lake.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- The idyllically situated Rieden Forest Lake
- Refreshment at the Kneipp pool in Rieden
- Sauerbrunnen in Rieden
- Panoramic views of the Eifel
Wenn Sie eine längere Tour am See planen, dann empfehlen wir Ihnen den Traumpfad Waldseepfad Rieden.
Rest stopsHotel-Restaurant Eifler Seehütte
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
A61 exit Wehr, direction Adenau/Kempenich - B412 to the right direction Wehr/Rieden - at L114 to the left, through Rieden to the Waldsee (parking lot signposted)
56745 Rieden, at the forest lake
56745 Rieden, Waldsee Rieden (parking lot) - chargeable
Book recommendation by the author
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
The Traumpfädchen are not suitable for prams or rollator users.
- 13 Waypoints
- 13 Waypoints