Traumpfädchen Riedener Seeblick
Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land Verified partner Explorers Choice
Am Waldsee RiedenPhoto: Klaus-Peter Kappest, Traumpfade im Rhein-Mosel-Eifel-Land
Hiking in a woodland and water landscape
Ground which cushions our steps. The highly varied Traumpfädchen Riedener Seeblick takes us through woodland and meadowland sections, providing fantastic far-reaching views and extraordinary insights into the fiery past of the Eifel along the way. The highlight of the tour is the picturesquely situated Rieden Forest Lake.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- The idyllically situated Rieden Forest Lake
- Refreshment at the Kneipp pool in Rieden
- Sauerbrunnen in Rieden
- Panoramic views of the Eifel
Wenn Sie eine längere Tour am See planen, dann empfehlen wir Ihnen den Traumpfad Waldseepfad Rieden.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Rest stopsHotel-Restaurant Eifler Seehütte
Safety guidance – stay safe whilst hiking on the Traumpfade/Traumpfädchen
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Tourist-Info Laacher See, Tel.: +49 (0)2636/19433, info@vulkanregion-laacher-see, www.vulkanregion-laacher-see.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.traumpfade.info
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
Beginning at the car park at Rieden Reservoir, we make our way along a short access path to the dam wall to arrive at the gateway to our Traumpfädchen. Because of the climbs involved, it is best to complete the route in an anti-clockwise direction. For this reason, we first tackle the sharp incline of Waldseestraße and make our way uphill through a holiday home development. We soon leave the last of the houses behind us. Meadows open up to the right, but we take the woodland pathway to the left. The embankments along this trial offer fabulous geological insights into the fiery past of the Volcanic Eifel. Half of the altitude we need to conquer today has been achieved by the time we come to the “Auf dem Perich” crossroads. We now move onto a paved forest path. After passing a shelter, our route takes us through woodland and then through open meadows until we finally turn off onto a grassy trail. The ground cushions our steps, and this sensation continues as we take a sharp right turn and begin a significant descent once more.
The route flattens as the next shelter comes into view ahead. We soon find ourselves at the Udelsheck viewing point, the highest elevation on the tour. By the way, the lounger located here provides a particularly good vantage spot from which to enjoy the splendid views ...
Without changing direction, we hike along the edge of the woods whilst taking in good views of the village of Rieden. At the end of this woodland area, the path turns down into the valley. We lose considerable altitude before our route swings to the left to reach a tarmac road. We ascend for a mere 50 metres before turning off left onto a field track. We take the first right and come to “In der Aspel” and the first houses. However, we follow nature for the time being by savouring the fine views from above the village. We soon enter the village proper, cross the Rehbach and turn off right to a Kneipp pool. A short time later, the Sauerbrunnen fountain offers hikers another sort of refreshment. Continuing alongside the Rehbach, we rapidly approach the lake. We finish our tour by making a half-circuit of the lake on a well-maintained shore path. We have now completed our 5-kilometre trail and find ourselves back at the starting point. Before returning to the car park, there is an opportunity to seek sustenance at one of the lakeside establishments.
Destination stop: Rieden, Waldsee
Line 399 FreizeitBus: Mayen - Rieden - Maria Laach - Nickenich - Andernach - Namedy (01.04. to 01.11.)
Line 820 Mayen East Station - Rieden - Kempenich
A61 exit Wehr, direction Adenau/Kempenich - B412 to the right direction Wehr/Rieden - at L114 to the left, through Rieden to the Waldsee (parking lot signposted)
56745 Rieden, at the forest lake
56745 Rieden, Waldsee Rieden (parking lot) - chargeable
Book recommendation by the author
- Ein Schöner Tag "traumpfädchen", Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt, ISBN: 978-3-942779-49-4,
- Traumpfade & Traumpfädchen Band 2: Die 19 besten Premium-Rundwanderungen in der Vordereifel, Ulrike Poller & Wolfgang Todt ISBN: 978-3-934342-61-3
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
The Traumpfädchen are not suitable for prams or rollator users.
- 13 Waypoints
- 13 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Photos from others