Experience culture and nature at their finest. The Traumpädchen Sayner Aussichten encompasses all the highlights of Sayn Culture Park, including the castle, the palace and the abbey. Winding pathways take us into the Brexbach Valley and then up over the Pulverberg. Spectacular views throughout.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Sayn Castle and Sayn Palace together with the Palace Park
- Sayn Abbey
- Butterfly Garden
- Heins Mill
- View of the Sayn Foundry
- Sayn high ropes climbing forest
- Wide-reaching panoramas
Rest stopsRistorante Petrocelli Vallendar
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
From the A 48 exit Bendorf/Neuwied on the B 42 direction Neuwied- exit Bendorf-Sayn on the B 413 - follow the signs to Sayn/Garten der Schmetterlinge - parking lot "Koblenz-Olper-Straße 167" on the left hand side
56170 Bendorf-Sayn, parking lot (Koblenz-Olper-Straße 167)
56170 Bendorf-Sayn (Koblenz-Olper-Straße 167)
56710 Bendorf-Sayn (parking lot Prälatengarten) - chargeable
Book recommendation by the author
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
- 16 Waypoints
- 16 Waypoints